Saturday, September 18, 2010

Work, Work, Mom, and Babies!

So work is crazy, back to full time Title I aide (well 75% but that's an entire different story) and computer labs. Started on August 16 & 17th with training for a new program at work Discover Intensive Phonics. This of course is in addition to new programs already on deck to start this year! (PBIS, Lexia and from last year RTI)Add to this my coworker sent our last packet for Summer Reading August 10th. So that means that I truly had about a week of summer break without work!(spent the rest of the summer taking care of Mom)Not complaining at all...SO all these programs were slated (note I said slated) to start the 23rd of August. Well Lexia and Discover Intensive have computer components to be used in my labs. They just got up and running (crossing fingers) this week. SOOOOOOOOO that means I am so far behind in general ! We also had in this time frame a Book Fair and DIBELS testing. Not to mention my building went from 7 aides to 3! OY! My room got remodeled over the summer, and I have yet to take everything back to work. Someday I may be able to park again in the garage!

My little sister and her husband welcomed their third daughter on August 29th, Sydney Pallas. Now all of August (including my birthday) I kept guessing her date of birth...only for her to decide to hold out to the last minute! If she was not born by the following Monday (30th) she was going to be MADE to be born!LOL. This summer,I sent via Amazon more baby gifts to people than ever before!

My Mom is still not in good health, I wish I could wave a magic wand and she would be a healthy productive 62 year old. Instead she reminds me of a 80 year old. I have said Parenting a Parent is not fun at all, especially when said parent does not have the will to try! Having lost Dad, it makes me even more determined to get mom on track!

As for Scrapbooking, and creative things in general...I have been using my supplies for work (will share pictures when I get a chance) I need to find some creative time for me! Well there is some background to some of my status' on Facebook !(the only way I seem to keep in touch with people these days) I am participating soon in a Blog Hop (a surprise baby shower for someone) so will get to be creative AND use my blog again! So catch you again soon!

1 comment: