Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Gifts

Not much happening just watching all the Rod coverage on TV...and making co workers gifts...anybody know where I can find more of these?



I got them at Oriental trading, and need more, it would cost an arm and leg to get them here from them before next Wednesday...Michaels, HL or Joanns...anyone? they are 3" cubes...but I guess that does not matter...as everyone is only getting one...using my stash to cover them...will post when I get more done...which I'd best get to it..If you have any ideas where to find more, while I hate to go make a special trip to find them, I need more (as I miss counted coworkers)...*Sigh* Well Catch you later!

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but you could probably whip some up fairly easily. I bet Mike's has some plain wooden cubes and you could drill a small hole in them and use hot glue to secure the wire in place. If they don't have the cubes you could get some wood at HD and cut your own! You can totally do these! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some at Mike's. They were plain wood with Christmas themes. You could cover that though with paper. I picked up some snowflake ones a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leea,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I miss all you girls at the CK msg board. Tell everyone I said Hi! I do stop by every now and then, but it's not the same since they improved the look and feel of it.

    For your project what about going to Home Depot/Lowes and buying a
    4x4 or a fence post and having them cut it into cubes for you. I think mine does the first 4 or 5 wood cuts for free and after that charges you something like 25 cents per cut. You could get quite a few cubes from just one fence post.

    For the wire you could either use floral wire or cut up a dry cleaner hanger. Tap a nail in partway where you want the wire to go, then pull it out and hotglue your wire into the nail hole.

    Good Luck with your project!
    Renee aka (mama nay)
    p.s. Oriental trading has free shipping through Dec 15 enter keycode WC97570 - on ANY size order.

    ReplyDelete